We think training the body as well as the mind is important to the health and well-roundedness of our students. From 3rd grade and up, our students participate in 3 classes of P.E. per week, with a focus on team sports and skill development, as well as “Torture Tuesdays” (items from the President’s fitness challenge).
Cedar Tree belongs to the WIAA high school sports association, currently fielding a Cross Country team and exploring other options. One of our runners made it to the state finals in 2015, placing 34th.
Also, many of our students participate in high school sports at their local public schools, and our schedule accommodates their need to leave school early as needed. In recent years, our students have been actively involved and benefitting from leadership responsibilities in sports such as:
- Basketball – Evergreen, La Center, Ridgefield
- Cheerleading – Columbia River
- Football – Columbia River
- Soccer – La Center, Columbia River, Skyview, Evergreen
- Swimming – Evergreen, Skyview, Prairie
- Tennis – Columbia River, Skyview
- Track and Field – Evergreen, Skyview, Woodland, Brush Prairie, Ridgefield
- Wrestling – Ridgefield